Today’s list is brought to you by my day so far…seriously. Before noon.
That moment when you….
• Finish your shower and reach for your towel only to remember that it is still in the dryer from last night’s laundry
• Open the dryer to realize you left a lip balm in your pocket and it has now splattered its oily contents all over your clothes
• Go to leave the house, open the car down to find out that you left your Mexican leftovers on the front seat – the smell now permeating the entire vehicle
• Try and shake off the rough start and treat yourself to Starbucks, only to get to work and realized they made the wrong drink – asked for a cappuccino and end up with some half-ass latte thing (no steamed milk)
• Double check with HR that your new health insurance will go into effect at the beginning of the month because that is what you were told – then learning it will start the following month
• Face the reality of your pocket book being hit hard because of your current crappy healthcare plan with restrictions and your needed prescriptions will be costing you a fortune
• Call customer service to see when your refund will be coming (because they charged your account 3x, even though you have a$250 credit that needed to be “verified”), then being told, after following all directions given to you, that you will now need to fax your documents in, not email it. PS – this has been going on for 2 weeks and I have spoken to 4 different representatives
• Are ready for some relief and much-needed break, only to find your tote bag empty and that your lunch box is probably still sitting on the kitchen counter where you left it
I don’t wish this day on anyone… and yes, I am bitching and whining.
Which is why I am ending this post now before it gets worse and in the meantime I am trying to work on a positive attitude. Trying REALLY HARD. I have a gut feeling it will only come when I am back at home and zoning out on the couch.
Only 5 more hours to go…sigh…